Holme Pierrepont, 28th-29th April 2001
BUSA Rowing Regatta 2001
ARA Senior Inter-Regional Championship
In 1993 the student Regatta was a two-hour slot as part of Nottingham City Regatta and had around 60 entries; this year the combined BUSA / SIRC entry is over 600, with over 500 crews entered in the 28 BUSA Events. You are a key part of something major, the first ever two day BUSA-Row-Bash!!
- Thanks very much to all the organisers.
- General information - please read.
- Safety Information - Important.
- Results from BUSA 2001.
- The Victor Ludorum was retained by Nottingham University.
- Victor Ludorum points table
- Organisers' report
- Results summary in plain format.
- Club colours.
- Note: On Saturday 28th racing began over the usual 2000m staked course, but timing was patchy due to power interruptions between start and finish, following the reconstructive work being done on the bank at 1000 metres. Then the wind blew up, and racing was suspended at 1:30 pm. When it recommenced, races for the InterRegionals were run over 1500 metres, unstaked, and timed manually from a point just below 1500 to go, to the finish. After this, racing had to be suspended again, due to further wind problems.
- On Sunday 29th, in order to fit in the remaining BUSA day one finals, time-trials for all multi-race events were held, and straight finals for the rest. Then day two races began, with repechages cancelled. All these races were held over 1000 metres, with a free standing start, and timed from just below the 1000 metre mark to the finish. The timing point was not necessarily the same between events, though it was intended to be consistent within an event. Times in the results list were then inputted manually and if no time was taken, just a placing is shown.
Pages hosted and edited by the Rowing Service. Information from Nigel Mayglothling and copyright BUSA 2001.